Friday, February 13, 2009

History Repeats Itself

As I sit here pondering the political happenings of today's current events, I can't help but have a sense of deja vu. As a child growing up, one thing they taught us in history class is that history always repeats itself. This is evident to anyone who has studied history in school. It seems as if we have been here before. Have we not learned the lessons from our pasts? I am beginning to think we have not.

Today we saw an abomination of our freedoms. As the congress and the current president rush to pass a bill that will stimulate absolutely nothing. They hid it from the people so that we couldn't even give it our approval/disapproval. What are they hiding? They had so much pork hidden in this 780 billion dollars that they know it is unconstitutional. Nobody had time to read this bill and were expected to sign off on it. The current president claimed he would work bi partisanly, but in fact refused to do so. This is just the beginning. This is the beginning of what will be the destruction of America as we know it.

I leave you with this: Rise Up America! We will not go silently into the night! History will repeat itself. As you (congress and the new administration) begin your planned actions of taking away our freedoms, I am comforted by a lesson that we learned in history class many years ago.

Is anyone ready for a "tea party?"

No comments:

Post a Comment